High Quality Content by WIKIPEDIA articles! Paley and Austin was the title of a practice of architects in Lancaster, Lancashire, England, in the 19th century. The practice had been founded in 1836 by Edmund Sharpe. The architects during the period covered by this list are E. G. Paley and Hubert Austin. E. G. Paley had joined Edmund Sharpe in partnership in 1845. This partnership continued until 1851, when Sharpe retired, and Paley ran the business as a single principal until he was joined by Hubert Austin in 1868. The partnership of Paley and Austin continued until they were joined as a partner by Paley`s son, Henry Paley, in 1886.